Monday, January 08, 2007

Interviews, Arab Restaurants, and Vomit

Today was the day of my interview. I feel like a complete idiot. I totally wasn't prepared for the 30 questions I was asked. It was bad enough i had to answer them, but to watch the interviewer write down my stupid answers was the worst. Last night I tried to go over possible questions and I was asked some of them, but some of the questions were so off the wall. I think I did okay. Not great. No terrible. Just okay.
After the interview I got a tour of the microscopic size lab. I swear it is no bigger than my living room. I trained at a very large hospital with every piece of modern equipment. If it was some new technology they had it. I became very spoiled and the thought of going back to old-school histology with hardly any automation freaks me out. A decision will be made by next week. I have applied at another hospital. A bigger hospital downtown. So, let's just hope this one is better.

I picked up my son from a good friend's house. Let me tell you, her kids are mashaAllah some of the cutest I've seen. After visiting for quite some time, we had to get going. My son was so hungry and the thought of sitting in traffic for 45 minutes and waiting for me to cook when we got hom was making him cranky. We stopped at a local arab restaurant/store. I got a half rotisserie chicken, rice, salad, pita bread, baba ghanoush, and two drinks for 10 bucks. What a deal! Two people can spend about that much at McDonalds. We ate. The food was delicious. We had our fill and still left with plenty left-overs. I always enjoy eating-out with my son. He's a great companion. I'd take him over someone else anyday.

My son went to bed early. It was around 7:45. He's had a runny nose and cough and I just had noticed a fever. He took some meds and was soon fast asleep. He awoke just before 9pm. He came out of his room ad sat by me on the sofa. He asked for blankets, water, and for me to turn off all the lights. As we laid in the dark on the sofa he asked me for milk. When i brought it to him he took two sips and began to vomit all over himself, his blankets, and my lovely sectional sofa. He went straight to the tub. The blankets went to the washing machine and I went to work cleaning. After a quick trip to walmart, we are now home. He is feeling much better so far. Please remember the little guy in your prayers.


Blogger Organic-Muslimah said...

poor baby. I hope he feels better inshAllah

4:56 AM  
Blogger PM said...

Ohhh bless his little heart. Insha'Allah he is better by now.

BTW, that's one of my favorite pick up meals! When I was little I always wanted my mom toget th rotisserie chicken at the A&P grocery store but she always said it was too expensive. LOL! Imagine here in Qatar I can get the meal you had for 2 people for less than 4 dollars -- and that includes the whole chicken! Nothing like economical Arab restaurants ;-)

Salaam Alaikum,

5:32 PM  
Blogger Safa said...

May Allah grant him Shifaa. Ameen

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home