Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Off to the market

YAY!!!!!! I'm super excited about this. The community I live in has a farmer's market every wednesday in the summer. It lasts from July straight through the end of September.

The best part is I can actually walk because it's just across the street. I'll hit up the market and get some fresh berries, veggies, and I might even pick up some cheese.

I've got may TJ's canvas bag in hand and I'm slipping on my shoes. I'll let you know about the damage I do tomorrow.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Aslamu alakum
farmers market , great stuff sis , inshaallah you will get some great produce , i was after some fruits today in the form of plums and cherries, we are having heavy rains in the UK so unseasonally cold. I fancy some fruits! Can't wait to se what you found.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Solace said...

Salaam

I love going to farmers' markets - there is nothing like eating fresh fruit and veggies. Getting some exercise in on the way sounds great too!

11:44 PM  
Blogger jazain said...

oh i LOVE the farmers market. beautiful fruits and delicious fresh tomoatoes and onions. love it.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you coming back from the market anytime soon?????

11:59 AM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

well come on sis what did you buy lool , you gona share?

8:35 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

I forgot all about this :)

I bought some artisan cheese and zucchini..what you brits call courquettes??? I also grabbed some baby yukon gold potatoea, dill, parsley, onions, and red leaf lettuce. I thoroughly enjoyed my finds.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

no pictures of the delights you turned out?

10:26 PM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

i just got my camera back two days ago.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home