Monday, March 17, 2008

Check out that view


So, looks like we found a place. I did some work on my husband. I totally scammed him into thinking that getting this place was his idea. I acted dumb and apprehensive about paying so much money. He couldn't say no. Alhamdulillah. He is supposed to sign the contract this week inshaAllah.

This place will allow us to spend some much needed time together without his extended family in our face. He's already made a demand list of food that he wants. I've been asked to bring: basmati rice(supposedely the rice in algeria sucks), red lentils, egg noodles, tahini(sesame paste used for making baba ghanoush) and worcestershire sauce for cooking his favorite shrimp.

It's supposed to be a relaxing vacation, but I've gotta leave him wanting more because who knows when we'll see him again.

Asking for some more duaa sisters. I really hope the apartment works out. We need it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Solace said...

The apartment looks lovely! You guys have not had time alone in forever and I think it is very important that the extended family realise and respect this. Insha'Allah the apartment will work out for you guys...

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Alaikum,

Masha Allah, what a view!

I really, really hope it all goes well for you, insha Allah, my du'as are with you.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam,

Nice view sister........I hope all goes well....I will keep you in my du'a.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Muslimah said...

Praying for you and hoping everything works out for you guys!

Salaam...

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The view is definitely to-die for .. !!! I am jealous now ... :lol:

f you do not mind me asking, Why do you say "who knows when we'll see him again" ???? Does He live some other plce because his job ??

Maryam

1:59 PM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

info quide the quick answer to that is that he was taken into custody of immigration officals and deported last year. We're in the process of getting him back

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Thanks for answering me but Let me tell you one thing, Allah will definitely help you getting your husband back.
May Allah help you sweety, Ameen
And, you can call me Maryam .... :-)

Maryam,

3:56 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

salam alaikoum
macha Allah i think the apartment thing will work out. but you do need to spend some time with his mommy.
that said incha Allah next time you go our house will be ready and then you have to come. my husband's village is the village of rock stars, we bring all kinds of people up in there.

9:35 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

oooohhh dp house in algeria. I'm so jealous. We'll have a couscous cookoff. alger vs kabyle let the best couscous win :)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home