Sunday, March 02, 2008

In the words of DictatorPrincess...Last week was THE SUCK!

So, none of my weeks are all that fabulous but last week was exceptionally horrible. I was excited to find out that our passports were finished. I mean who wouldn't be happy to have them done in less than 10 days. Too bad they decided not to issue my son a passport until they get further documentation. My husband wasn't available to go apply with us and he couldn't give his permission. I had to fill out a special form, and I was assured that was a legitimate reason and not to worry. Now I'm worried. I had to get a letter from my husband's lawyer and documents supporting my "claim" that he was deported. InshaAllah that will be enough. I now have exactly one month go get his passport and start working on our visas. My husband is super upset that I waited so long. What can I say? I'm a procrastinator and I'm busy. It will be done on time and I just have to believe that. We have been through enough and if Allah has willed it we will make it.

On top of the passport issues, my babysitter is being a major butt. I am very well aware that everyone has their limit and what some people can handle other people cannot, but I'm about sick and tired of the bull she tells me. By wednesday I was completely exhausted. I had to beg her to keep my son so I could get some rest. She did it but not after lots of complaining and whining and a guilt trip from her husband. I fell asleep about noon and didn't wake up until 11pm. That's right...I slept for 11 hours without even waking up once. My clothes weren't clean, I didn't eat, and I was late for work. After all that sleeping, I felt so good I decided to email MulticulturalMuslimah. We've been planning on getting together. We made plans to go to the masjid on Friday. Who would know that by friday I'd be exhausted all over again. My son looked at me and said, "mommy, you're eyes are black. Go to sleep!" Dang I love that boy. He has a way of making everything better. He's too good to me and I love him for it.

After a refreshing and restful weekend, I'm back here at work waiting for my shift to start. Today I actually got some sleep. Combine that with 2 Enviga and a grande skinny vanilla latte from starbucks and I'm good to go!

Still gonna share an interesting/scary story with you, but I won't do it now. You know I've gotta keep you in suspense.

7 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

InshAllah everything will be alright. Everything comes from Allah and I admire the sabr and faith you have.

:) I will keep you in my du'a inshAllah. When is the trip for?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

oh and mashAllah, your son sounds like an absolute doll :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

the tickets say april 4th

12:12 PM  
Blogger Solace said...

Waiting in suspense for the story you promised...

Don't worry about all the arrangements for your trip. I have full confidence that this trip will happen, Insha'Allah

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Alaikum,

I really, really, hope all goes well for you. My heart aches to think about what you must be going through.

Until then, I'm looking forward to reading this story. :)

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam,
I know thing must be really difficult for you now..I pray this trip brings you some solace.

2:41 PM  
Blogger UmmSqueakster said...

inshaallah I hope everything works out with you. Say, Molly and I met up today, and I floated the idea of a TC Metro area bloggers group. I promise i don't bite and I'm not a crazy internet person ;-)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home