Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's been a while....as always

So, as you all know yesterday was Halloween. Please spare me the lesson on how halloween is haraam and I'm going to hell and all that jazz because quite frankly I don't care what you think. My son has been dying for a cake for months. I decided to make an early AM stop at Supertarget to buy supplies so me and my little man could make cupcakes. He has no clue what Halloween is but I insisted that we buy everything needed for Spiderweb and Pumpkin cupcakes. We had a lot of fun and they were really yummy too. All he keeps telling me is thanks for the cut-cakes mom...I love you :).

If only life were so simple. If only cut-cakes made everything better. Maybe just maybe if I stopped worrying so much and try to enjoy each day I might begin to feel much better

There quite a few things to do this week(and by this week I mean before friday) so I better get moving.

1. Pay auto insurance. Apparently if you don't pay your bill for two months they cancel your insurance and then send you a letter saying if you don't pay they will send your bill to collections. *note to self..buy stamps so you have no excuse. Checks won't mail themselves*

2. Buy stamps *see note number 1*

3.Pay husband's trucking bill from his last job. Apparently they don't accept phone calls from jail and the husband felt no need to tell me. *Again make sure you buy stamps you idiot because like you can't do anything without them*

4. Make payment on furniture. See a pattern here? *For the last time buy the damn stamps and if you just can't do it sign up for online payments*

5. Finish pumpkin cupcakes. Throw out food coloring because the kid wants to put it on everything and not just cut-cakes.

6. Homework. *Sigh* Will this madness ever end? Oh yes it will. December 14th baby and then I'm done. I decided I cannot handle another minute of school until my husband returns.

7. Find hijabified pics of me and my husband. Looks like some people might not believe my 5 year marriage is the real deal so I need proof. *For years I've been telling you to take pics as a family and all I can find is two crappy pics when Abdurrahman was a baby. They'll never believe you now*

8. Try really hard to find 2004 tax return. If you fail, get copy from IRS.

9. Pay coinsurance for doctors visits, catheterizations...etc *MORE bills what's wrong with you. Better be happy you got a job. Say Alhamdulillah and then start writing. Those checks won't fill out themselves*

10. Sleep.

11. W0rk

12. Eat *You should think less about food and more about the rest of your list*

whatever else I forgot can't be too important right?

5 Comments:

Blogger MeHereNow said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Aleikum.
I don't know if this helps but I found they didn't want so many photos of him and me more of me with friends,family "integrating" in his "life".Letters are really good too from his side and yours,your Imam might help if you know him? Hope some of this helps.I know how the "process" feels although al-hamdullilah I was never separated from him, so all my du'a,prayers and support I'm sending your way.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Organica said...

haraam!

I want to see cut-cakes pics!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

assaamu alaikum, maryam.

hababti, you are in my thoughts & duas.

i love you & miss you.

my heart goes out to you, and MASHA'ALLAH, you are DEALING with all these hard issues and responsibilities. you are so strong, mashaAllah. do you know that? i know you probably have moments of feeling quite weak - we all do. but you are working through it, working with it, and living your life. not throwing in the towel. that takes strength.

whew. i guess we're all tested in this life. :S

...

May Allah help us to earn His Pleasure and make these tests EASY for us, and make it easy on the path to Jannat Firdaus. May He heal and rectify situations that are difficult to bear. Ameen. Ya Rabb! Ameen.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalam Alaikum
Sis take it easy your not superwomen. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. And I have the same issue with mailing payments lol thats why I do the online things, so much easier lol

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home