Sunday, May 27, 2007

Life is going on

I went for a week long vacation to Disney World with my parents. It was lots of fun. My son got a great tan and I had some much needed relaxation. I felt very guilty for going on vacation while my husband was being detained, but he made it very clear that we needed an escape from reality(even if only short-lived).

My son visited his father for the first time yesterday. It wasn't as difficult as I had expected, and my husband loved seeing him. He looked good. Well, about as good as anyone can look in an orange jumpsuit. We gave a goodbye hug and kiss to the video monitor. He will be on a one-way trip back to Algeria some time next week.

I'm busy packing his suitcase. I cleaned his clothes and folded them really nice. I got a coffee cup and saucer for his mom and some nice soap and lotion for his sister. I'm hoping to put a card and some pictures in there too.

Life is going on. I'm still working. I'm still loving it.

Today I made succotash and rice, cleaned my entire house, and looked for jobs in gulf countries.
There are quite a few openings at hospitals throughout the region, and inshaAllah I can get one of them.

Thanks to everyone for their support. Just keep making duaa for us.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alhumdullilah, Its not good that he is leaving but it is good that he is not staying locked up. It seems like this is going to work out ok for you guys in the end Insha'Allah. I miss talking to you...come online sometime so we can chat...lol...BTW what do you do? I mean as your profession?

8:53 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

i'm a histotechnician and i work in the pathology department at a hospital.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok yeah that didn't clarify anything for me...LOL...I know I am a dumb ass. I was just talking to a friend of mine and we were trying to remember what you did but umm yeah neither of us guessed that...lol

5:47 PM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

let me break it down like this: histology is the study of tissue. pathology is the study of diseases.

histotechnicians do all sorts of stuff in a lab setting to help pathologists diagnose a disease.

we take specimens froms surgery, biopsies, bone marrows, fine needle aspirations....and much much more.

we process it, put it in a paraffin wax mold, cut it, put it on a microscope slide, and do a routine stain. we also do specialized stains to find things like iron or microorganism. later if necessary we do other types of stains to confirm cancer or tumor markers.

hope that helps a bit

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhh that does clarify alot...that sounds like fun....Insha'Allah you and baby are ok....Thanks for the explanation...lol

7:10 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

salam alaikoum
my mom is a nurse practitioner and knows a lot about these gulf jobs and also knows some headhunters...holler

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jules UmmEmJoey said...

Asalaam Alaikum Sister,

You and your family are in my dua. Inshallah things will work out for you.

May Allah bless you and your family and give you stregnth and peace during this time of hardship,

Aeryn

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatulahi wa Barakatuhu,

I am asking my husband to e-mail his dad about this. His dad is a physician in a Saudi hospital. Perhaps they can direct me how I can direct you.

Once I get word, I'll contact you insha'Allah.

BTW, I was the girl the other ummabdurahman was talking to. I thought perhaps you worked in Forensics or something.

I live in Metairie. Sound familiar? we might have even met.

Insha'Allah things will work out for you.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Safa said...

I think that the break would relieve a lot of pressure.....

Ahhhh....now I know who keeps popping up Metairie on my blogpatrol!

1:38 AM  
Blogger PM said...

Have you checked here in Doha? Let me know if I can help with anything.

Salaam Alaikum,
PM

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home