Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pathetic attempts at blogging

Looks like my poor little blog is getting more neglected as each week passes. I don't know what it is, but I've never been able to get into blogging like I wanted to.

I've been notified by CNCZ that I need a new blog post because the last one makes her bawl. Well, this is for you my fellow married to a crazy algerian sister :)

Deciding whether or not to share this with the world has been difficult. I wasn't sure if it was too soon, but here goes nothing....I'm pregnant!!!! Yup, I'm gonna have another stinky little half american, half algerian baby. I hesitated to share this with you all because in these 5 months I've already been pregnant, misscarried and pregnant again. I'm so afraid that I will somehow mess things up by sharing so please send a big mashaAllah and lots of prayers our way.

My hormone levels seem to be extremely high. I am sick to my stomach and throwing up all hours of the night and day. I'm exhausted, and I've lost about 6lbs. I normally would be super excited about the weight loss, but I'm just so hungry. Too bad for me because I can't seem to keep anything down.

We obviously haven't told Abdurrahman that we're going to have a baby, but he knows somehow. Any time I complain about being sick, he tells me it's that baby in my stomach that is making me sick. He says he's a genius and his brain told him about the baby. MashaAllah I guess he is.

I think he's going to be a great big brother. He's waited so long for this, and I'm super excited for him.....and for us. It's another step towards normalcy and towards putting this awful nightmare behind us.

OH....I haven't shared this news with my entire family or friends so if anyone I know in real life reads this please do not mention this to anyone yet.

17 Comments:

Blogger Anisah said...

Congratulations! Hopefully you should feel better soon.

Gentle hugs!

Anisah

10:14 AM  
Blogger AlabasterMuslim said...

omg! MASHALLAH ALHAMDULLILAH! That is SO great sister! inshallah you will give gentle birth to a very healthy baby who will grow up to be a very pious muslim. ameen!

and in case anyone doesn't say mashallah, may allah swt keep the evil eye away from you. ameen!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MashaAllah!! MashaAllah! Hababti I am so happy for you!!! Alhamdulileh!! I pray all goes well and you and your family are blessed with a healthy and righteous bundle of joy! <3

p.s. inshaAllah you're going to have to change the title of your blog. ;)

5:38 PM  
Blogger iMuslimah said...

Mashaallah sister! Im so excited for you ;)

Belated Eid Mubarak to you all!

iMuslimah

10:15 PM  
Blogger بنت بيتر said...

MA SHA ALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUBROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

MashaAllah , Elf Mubrook sister i am so happy for you ! Great news huh?

Remember if its written for you then it won't miss you and if its not then it won't come near you! May Allah bless you and your health unborn, born and dh and keep you all united and happy always ameen!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Andrea Umm Ismael said...

MashaAllah! MashaAllah! MashaAllah!
Mabrook sister I'm so happy for you!!! May Allah SWT bless your pregnancy and birth, and may Allah bless you with a healthy baby to love and cuddle, and grow up to be a pious Muslim, Ameen!!
SubhanAllah sis about Abdu- he really is a genius!!
And Masha'Allah I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage sister, but SubhanAllah I'm sure you've heard the hadith, your baby will will pull you up to Jannah by his umbilical cord!! "The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah upon him, said, "By the One in Whose hands is my soul, the miscarried fetus will drag his mother to paradise by his [umbilical] cord if she was patient [with the miscarriage], hoping to be rewarded." [Ahmad]"
SubhanAllah that gives me chills sister!!
And may Allah SWT protect you, your family, and your baby from the evil eye, Ameen!!
Congratulations!!! Insha'Allah I hope you feel better, too!
Umm Ismael

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as salamu alaikam

I understand what you mean about having a miscarriage and then getting pregnant again. The same thing happened to me. You start to realized how fragile this life growing inside you is. Im 14 weeks and nervous everyday.

UmmAhmed(from Chicago)

5:45 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!! UmmAhmed!!! I'm the most terrible friend ever, wallahi. I've lived in this stupid self absorbed depressed little bubble for the last 3 years. I'd love to get caught up again. I hope you and your two little guys are doing well. I Miss you. MashaAllah Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Maryam said...

Aww MashaAllah.

Congratulations!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous beyond said...

congrats

2:31 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Essalam Alaikum Sis,
Masha'Allah and Congrats! May Allah ease your suffering and help with you and your baby in a safe and easy delivery!

Hugs,
Jamila AKA Jennifer

4:24 AM  
Blogger Safa said...

Masha Allah.....can I tell my daughter? LOOOL!!!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous learn quran online said...

You are doing a great job I liked reading you blog and I loved keep on the good work on I don’t know if I have said it already or not but great wok tack care thank you

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nur H said...

masha Allah! congratulations, sister! Been a silent reader of your blog for the past year.

Err,...soon the blog title would have to change :)

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaikum,

OMG!! I have been so slcak with blogs and blogging lately that I totally missed this when you first posted, subhan Allah! Alf Mabrouk Umm Abdurrahman. Insha'Allah you are feeling loads better now and starting to gain a bit of that weight you lost.

Another little half Algerian in the world, LOL, what fantastic news! May Allah make it easy for you and bless your family!

Umm Ibrahim x

11:50 AM  
Blogger online quran said...

learn quran online And God said, 'Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.' And it was so. GOD CALLED THE DRY LAND EARTH, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:1-10
https://learningquran.co.uk/learn-quran-online

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home