Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meme

This is a fun one I saw over at DP's spot. Here we go!

What are your middle names? Mine is Lynn and my husband obviously doesn't have one. Is this an Algerian thing DP?

How long have you been together? we were married on August 1, 2002. We're getting close to 7 years. WOW!! mashaAllah I was a wee little baby when we got married.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? We didn't date.

How old are each of you? He's 37 and I'm 27. I like to complain about the funky 40 year old arab dudes marrying 25 year olds. For some reason it's different and acceptable that my husband is a cradle robber. For them...not so much.

Whose siblings do you see the most? Neither. My sister is an undercover crack head. I swear. My husband's relatives are in Algeria. At the moment, I would say that he sees his siblings fairly often..like every day. I haven't seen my sister in 2.5 years.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? This dang separation. Alhamdulillah our marriage has been protected throughout this ordeal. If it had happened earlier on in our marriage I am not sure if we would have survived it. It's so hard to keep up a relationship when you're living an ocean away.

Did you go to the same school? Not even close.

Are you from the same home town? Again....not even close.

Who is smarter? I have more book smarts than he does, but he definitely has more street smarts and experience. I'm not saying he is dumb. MashaAllah he's a smart guy, but he just didn't have the opportunity to reach his potential with schooling because of the political situation in Algeria b4 he left.

Who is the most sensitive? Me. I've only seen my husband cry 3 times in our marriage: death of his grandmother, Abdu's open heart surgery, and the day he was taken into immigration custody. All miserable days, but well worth the tears. I wouldn't know what to do if he blubbered all the time like some men. This house couldn't handle it because I cry enough for the both of us.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? In true Algerian fashion, dude prefers to eat at home. we have a few favorite dining out spots that we really enjoy. Usually, if it's not one of those places, he complains that my food at home is much better and it didn't cost $60.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? I wouldn't call it travelling, but we drove a u-haul truck from New Orleans to where we are now living which is just over 1400 miles.

Who has the craziest exes? neither

Who has the worst temper? me. I've got major attitude.

Whoe does the most cooking? Me for sore.

Who is the neat-freak? I'll clean but I can't organize a thing. My husband is more into the organizing. He's got great ideas about how to keep the house clean, but sucky implementation of those ideas.

Who is more stubborn? him

Who hogs the bed? We stick to our respective sides pretty well.

Who wakes up earlier? Me. I'm always cooking breakfast and making coffee while he's lounging in the bed for another 40 minutes.

Where was your first date? We went with another couple to a greek restaurant.

Who is more jealous? Me, but he has his moments.

How long did it take to get serious? not very long

Who eats more? He does.

Who does the laundry? Both.

Who’s better with the computer? me

Who drives when you are together? He does because I do enough driving when he isn't home.


****Sorry for not posing the shrimp picture. I just purchased some more shrimp. I will attempt to charge my battery so I can take a picture. This has become one of our favorite dishes and we eat at it a least every other week.

3 Comments:

Blogger The DP said...

Salam alaikoum
I think the no middle name is an Algerian thing, in Egypt and stuff people (even girls) have the dad's name for a middle name. In Algeria they are just like whatevs. Even the last names are like made up half the time. As for the cradle robbing, I think Algerian men are really young at heart (stereotypically speaking so no flames). One of my good friends from back in the day is a 42 year old Algerian dude. You would honestly think he was 28 or 29. Isn't that weird about the not going out to dinner? My hombre had a rant once about going out to dinner, he said, people have dinner at home and if you don't have dinner you don't have a home. He talks crayzee sometimes but you get my drift.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Solace In Islam said...

Nice to get to know you a bit better!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Yasemin said...

Hope your well UmmAbdurRahman. How is the job and what not? Love you!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home