Sunday, November 02, 2008

I've been commanded to update

A fellow blogger friend of mine, Rainbow in the Grey Sky, has ordered me to update my blog. Can you imagine that? I always do what I'm told. So, here I am updating my blog. She better be happy because I don't take orders from anyone. Thanks for the encouragement. Lately, I haven't known what to say. It feels like my blog has become a place to whine about my sadness and many times I forget how blessed I really am.

How would you all like some good news? I'm about to give you some. It's BIG news too. alhamdulillah. My husband's paperwork finally has been recieved at the U.S. embassy in Rome. A decison on his case will be made there and we can expect an answer in 180 days inshaAllah. The received the paperwork some time in October which means we could hear something by April.

We had to contact our congressman to get some answers, but alhamdulillah we are pleased with the answer we received. Last saturday marked 18 months since my husband has been gone. On Monday we got the good news. I was feeling like I could not take another day and then this happened. Subhanallah every time I think I can't take it anymore, something happens to give me strength. Something to give me faith and to help me hold on a little bit longer.

My husband's first reaction was pure happiness. He can't believe that in just 6 months he could actually be home with us again. InshaAllah he will be. We know, logically, that it could take longer but we are just hoping and praying for a speedy approval.

Please sisters continue to make duaa for my family. Ask Allah to have our petition approved and have us reunited as soon as possible.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

inshAllah!!!!!!!!!! Ya Rab!!!!

Oh honey, I'm so happy for you and I' so praying for you.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Aslamu alakum sister
ohhhh Masha Allah , Tabbarak Allah i am besides myself with happyness for you and your family, ya allah reunite them under khier and may it be within the time span you want ameen!

I am so glad you posted! I some how didn't think you take orders but thought i would try my luck anyhow but all in a light hearted way!
Don't worry about posting gloom and doom most of My Algeria post were that way but its the truth and what what iam expirencing and when the joy comes that will be blogged too. Life is not a bed of roses as most of us know and the tears are there along side the laughter.

don't dispear allah's mercy is always around the corner and His blessings we are being tested dear sister. Don't worry there is a place where there is no pain and hurt its called jannah maybe we will meet there one day inshaAllah.

You enjoy your happy , how is Abdou BTW? Kindergarden going well? My son is Abdou too .

3:51 AM  
Blogger Anisah said...

This is great news! You will be in my thoughts.

Anisah

4:56 AM  
Blogger Solace In Islam said...

Was wondering why you were to quiet.

This is great news!!! Insha'Allah everything will work out nicely for you and your dh.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Safiyyah said...

Salaams Sis:

Alhamdulillah! That IS big news!

Insha Allah your husband will be home with your family soon. Remember that Allah (swt) is with the patient.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats wonderful news.. i hope it goes well

Daisy the lazy

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaykum,

please leave a comment on www.fisabilillah12.wordpress.com. thank you. i appreciate it if you did

Wassalam

3:33 AM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

Redwan wa alaikum salaam. I think it's pretty rude to go begging for commentors on another blog. This was a very important topic that I posted about and you can't anything other than to leave a comment over at your spot. I won't be leaving you any comments.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ines said...

Soooooooooo happy for you sis. May Allah reunite you and your dh soon, ameen.
Indeed, Allah is with the sabrin.

2:31 PM  
Blogger iMuslimah said...

Assalamu alaykum fellow laboratorian!

It was Qadr Allah swt for me to read this post, as my unruly infant actually is sitting quietly in his bouncy seat, *not even bouncing* just exisiting LOL.

I am happy you have had some response. I dont know exactly how you feel, but I do know that your situation requires a plethora of patience, hope, faith and love.

My wish for you inshaallah is that you are reunited with your husband soon, especially for the sake of your little man ;)

How is work going?

Can I tell you what your post means to me?

It makes me realize how much more thankful I should be, and how blessed I really am, so Jazzakullah Khair for sharing.

iBaby is still quiet, I need to surf the net for a gouod source of continuing education.

Keep on keepin' on sister.

iMuslimah

11:08 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

salam alaikoum
Alhamdoulillah! Macha Allah! Big Yay all around!
I have to second imuslimah, I felt a tinge of gratitude for mean dude too when I read your post. I am super happy for you!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is such fantastic news.... i'm glad you listened to Stangers orders lol!
It was so nice to hear that someone out there is filled with such joy and is smiling again. I hope you and hubby will be reuntied soon and your son can have his daddy home :)

XxXxXx

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home