Friday, December 19, 2008

Lessons from a 5 year old

This conversation took place between my son and I in the elevator last night.

Abdu- Mommy you know we have to reuse paper?

Me-What?

Abdu- Yes we have to reuse paper. Write on both sides.

Me- Did your teacher tell you that?

Abdu- NO! MOM! I told me that...

Me-okay, so where did you learn that from?

Abdu- Mommmmm! I have a good brain. I'm a genius.

MashaAllah. I don't know where he gets this stuff from, but most of us could learn a lot from the five year olds in our life.

9 Comments:

Blogger iMuslimah said...

Mashaallah how sweet & innocent!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

sweet indeed mashaAllah

9:14 AM  
Blogger Anisah said...

5 year olds come up with the cutest things, don't they? Mine sure does.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Solace In Islam said...

Children astonish me daily with their wisdom!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle Therese said...

God blessed us with a baby after two years of marriage! I'm sooo happy to be a mom finally. It's so wonderful!

12:56 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

salam alaikoum
macha Allah, that is so sweet!
but you know if any one of your inlaws were there they would be like, "it's because he is Algerian" lol

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mashAllah, abdu is such a little man. I'm glad that you have a joy of a son to comfort you. :) alhumdulillah. Miss ya girly.

12:52 AM  
Blogger American Muslima Writer said...

Masha'Allah I always felt children are secret genious'

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely.
I miss this little man. It sounds like he has grown so much.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
salaamu alaikum!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home